Chia seeds are small, flat and elliptical seeds with a soft and shiny feel, ranging from white to black and are native to Latin America, where they were a staple food for the Aztec and Mayan tribes, the most important civilizations of Mexico and the Latin continent. “Shea” (power) means its ability to supply the body with energy, and it is rich in nutrients important for the health of the body and brain. Shea seeds can be easily introduced into the diet because of their light flavor, which does not significantly affect other flavors. Foods to increase their nutritional value (juices, baked goods, soups, desserts, sauces, vegetables, various rice dishes).
Benefits of Shea Seeds:
• Helps lose weight.
• Helps slow the process of absorption of food.
• Contains high amount of protein.
• Decrease appetite and desire to eat.
• A source rich in antioxidants.
• A source rich in omega-3 fats.
• Helps reduce the level of harmful cholesterol and triglycerides.
• Help reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
• Contains good amounts of important nutrients for bone health such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and protein.
• Help regulate blood sugar levels.
• Helps lower blood pressure in people with high elevations.
• Help improve and improve athletic performance.